Jun 21, 2013

7X7X7X7 prompt challenge - the last thought

Write Tribe Prompt
In Kolkata before she was married she was working toward a college degree.  However, now it seemed like the bygone years. How many days had it been that she was married? Fifteen, is that it? The henna on her palm had still not faded, but the bruises on her body explained a different tale. “I wish my parents understood why that degree was important” She left the note on the table and jumped.
7th Book on the shelf – Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri

8 comments:

  1. the book you have chosen is highly beautiful. But its the post you have written that made me forget the book for a while. A powerful note on what many women till date face :)

    Loved the style of writing Sugandha :) you would find more of me here now :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richa for showing so much love. I write from my heart. I am glad that you liked it. It means alot to me. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Brajadulal. You are a constant encouragement.

      Delete
  3. Next prompt... I'll try a happy one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the book choice and the post was very powerful, Sugandha. Although, we're past the date, I'll add your link in. :)

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)