Jun 18, 2013

Koi to mera blog padho!!

“Koi to mera blog padho!!” Is it a question that all bloggers face in their beginning?

I was a happy go lucky blogger who never paid any serious interest to traffic on my blog. Truly speaking, my blog was more like my personal diary where I vented my thoughts and forgot about.

I in fact have a very old blog, blogger.com tell me, that I started blogging in 2007. Most of the kids my age didn’t know what blogging was all about. Actually even I didn’t. For me blogging was the new cool thing I discovered while exploring tabs on google.com and all I knew about it was the bookish meaning.

Eventually somewhere around 2010, the blogging culture started appearing in my lifestyle circumference. Once or twice, I met some cool people who blogged regularly and I could join the conversation because I did have a blog too.

Still not paying attention to the activity that was happening in the blog world, I was happily blogging my feelings, darkest stories, experiences or other things that fed my writing hunger. I never seriously paid attention to content, regularity, appearance, social link or how it will impact my blog’s life. I would happily share some of it on facebook notes (that too with a copy and paste and not export) and got some interesting, appreciating and at times zero feedbacks.

Somewhere around 2011 I slowly started losing confidence in my writing abilities. I reached a point when I believed that I had the most pathetic vocab and comprehension in the world. One fine day, I deleted all the posts from my blog.

One full year of no writing at all (office mails don’t count), it was Christmas last year when I stumbled upon one old FB note (remember I said I copied my blog on note). The note was surprisingly well appreciated.

It took me a few more months to come back to writing. So here I was, once again writing a few random blogs, without clear direction or real enthusiasm. I needed some encouragement and didn’t know where to find it.

And then Indiblogger happened. I saw someone’s blog mentioning “Get published” and searched for it, eventually led to Indiblogger. I signed up for it and waited for response and after I was approved I waited for someone to show up on my page.

But that didn’t happen. So on one boring office day (like today) I explored a bit of this site. It generated some traffic. Then yesterday, I posted some blogs, and got my first 50 view pages in one day. Also, I got my first ranking (50 isn’t great I know) which made me slightly happy.

But now, here is the real big problem. The joy of seeing 50 people read it in a day, and getting some good comments is so addictive that I want each one to read it. To like, dislike or comment. To promote and to discuss.

I feel like spamming the web with my blog and screaming for attention (don’t get scared, I wouldn’t do that and get thrown out of every single forum). However, I have temporarily stopped working as seriously as I used to, and am paying more attention to this blog than I ever gave (if my blog was a person, it would have felt so much love). And I still have the same exasperation as I mentioned – “Please read my blog :p”

14 comments:

  1. hehe... Sugandha I so very agree with you .. although I knew blogging since almost the same year as you .. i never had dearth of people to forcefully listen to my philosophy of life :D ..nonetheless I somehow lost grip over my forced followers in realtime but I could not stop keeping my views for anything that mattered .. hence blog was an idea to talk to the walls and beyond ... until.. i stumbled upon on Indiblogger .. my blog was all about talking to myself with about 100 views each day and drought of comments and opinions and ratings ...I had adjusted with.. :)
    Even with indiblogger .. until I started talking to people by visiting their blogs and commenting on their work .. no stone actually turned an inch.

    Its simple, one can have world's best post for a given day but he/she will get noticed only when he/she bothers noticing others :) by commenting on other blogs
    and no matter how average a post is it will get praises on top of all .. if the blogger visits other bloggers and builds up friendly relations.
    Now in case a post is awful .. the blogger arena indicates it with very less response despite you may have commented and frequented all bloggers on Indiblogger and more.. :)
    I have given you the detailed summary ..as per my experience with IndiBlogger :) so far.
    Success will be coming with great content,loads of co-blogger visiting and posting comments on their posts and continuity of both throughout :)
    Its an entire process!! :)
    if you still think you should take your job lightly, welcome to the jungle ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. All the very best. keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks "My say"

    I'll go from last to first...I am not only taking my job lightly, I am on my way to sabbatical...
    Second..even at times I feel its tit for tat. No matter how much I write, if I dont interact, doesnt help...but somehow I feel and hopeful of someone just reading it and liking it than someone reading it out of obligation...
    But am sure all the blogging gurus couldnt be wrong..time to make contacts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I were a Guru :) .. I am a learner and to learn means to spread as well.. but of course only when wanted .. not forceful :)
      Its very true that we write for ourselves and there is no obligation why people should be forced to read you..but then had we not looking for appreciations we would have better scribbled in our diaries or kept the blog private :)
      Again just another piece of unwanted gyaan to someone whose second post has impressed me so much to stay around !! :)
      No more gyan !! hehehe

      Delete
    2. I like that Gyaan :)

      I by no means want to keep it private...I have never known how to write a diary without thinking of a reader...Even my childhood dear diary and dear god notes used to be slightly inclined towards a particular or couple of readers :)
      But I wish I didnt have to nudge someone into reading it...

      Delete
  4. And I thought I was the only one obsessed about getting my blog read :)

    Well written. You remind me of me actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!!

      I guess we all are slightly...I am still waiting for a 100 page view daily (thats not a big target to achieve I guess)

      Delete
  5. You write from your heart. That is what I like most in your posts. You keep writing, am sure people do read your posts. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Infected by need to express and branded as out spoken, this blog is my source to vent out all energy that I have...
      Thanks for encouragement

      Delete
  6. Padh to rahe hai aapka Blog..
    Nice read...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks!! But thats now...actually that was the purpose...this is my most popular blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nobody reads my blog too. Well that's not entirely true, a few people do but it's rare to get any feedback. I write what I write to fulfil myself and any readers are a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Subroto...we all love readers, and I wish you get many readers soon.

      Delete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)