Jul 24, 2013

Contests, prompts, games and more…

It is 24th day of the Ultimate Blog Challenge. I took this to improve content on my Blog and subsequently increase the blog traffic.

However, writing a blog post each day can be tricky. There have been times I was travelling or really busy. Most importantly there have been times when I have absolutely run out of topics to write about.

At such times, these contests, prompts, games , challenges have proven as helpful as God sent angels.
 

Each Wednesday and Saturday, I have scouted Write tribe for Wednesday prompt and 100 words on Saturday. On Fridays I remember to go through the WOW theme of the weekend at Blog adda.

On the other days I have written for contests at Blogadda and Indiblogger.

These contests provide me ideas, inspiration and topics to write about. They give me an edge, a push to open a new document and start to press keys.

I started a game on my blog yesterday. So far it has been fun. I have had people dropping by, participating and weaving a rather intricate story.

These things might seem silly and pointless to people who write regularly on more meaningful topics, but for a personal blog like mine they are really useful.

There are days when I have none of the above help and still clueless for a topics to write about. On these days I take One minute writer prompt and write something on those.

Come 1st August and probably I’ll not need these. I can write as and when I feel inspired, have a topic and free. But for this month, Thank you to all those who create prompts and contests.


11 comments:

  1. We have to be thankful to these prompts that save our day. But then, as time passes by, something in us evolves and ideas just come to us. Glad meeting up with you during this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I started this UBC, I asked Corinne to give a theme/topic daily. She asked me to write on any theme. But was at my wits end. what would I write for the whole month. and today is 24th and I haven't missed a day.It's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does not matter what others think..atleast your are putting your effort to get the best out of you in terms of Blogging and that's make all the sense..
    Kudos to you..and Keep Blogging.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great yar, you are using many tricks. Even i get stuck in such dilemma. Sometimes, idea comes quickly and many times i just keep scratching my head. But I have managed. N yes after 31 , don't know how regular I would be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great resources there! I have different favorite weekly memes I participate in that help me come up with things to write about. Hope you have enjoyed the UBC...I have! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such cool resources. I like the idea of the 60 second write. I'll have to check some of those out.

    I remember the community stories when I was in school. We would all add one paragraph to the story. Some were quite exciting tales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice information Sugandha do keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad the prompts help, Sugandha. But the creativity is all yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously man!! These contests help us push ourselves to write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do agree with all of the ideas you've introduced on your post. They're really convincing
    and can definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for beginners.

    Could you please extend them a little from next time? Thank you for the post.


    my web-site; how to get a college degree

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I liked the pattern. It made me realise that yes if I wasnt writing the ongoing story I would be probably tracking something similar. Well as Corinne has rightfully put "but the creativity is yours" :D :D

    Richa

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)