Sep 1, 2013

Seven things I need to remember for a happy living

This is a festival of words, festival of seven. Seven is a unique number. Seven is a lucky number. Seven in many cultures is an auspicious number. It took God seven days to create the world. There are seven wonders in the world. There are seven deadly sins. James Bond favorite number is 007. I have lists of favorite seven.

For this festival of seven I will write my seven posts as follows –

1. Seven things I need to remember for a happy living.
2. Seven people I love/admire.
3. Seven places I want to travel to.
4. Seven things I hate about myself.
5. Seven things that I can’t stand.
6. Seven arguments for and against my country.
7. Seven interesting things about Delhi.

They probably won’t be in the same order, but here is the first.

Seven things I need to remember for a happy living
1. Breathe – I know it is an involuntary action. But the idea is to remember you are breathing, you are living, it could be last day, last moment, last breath…feel the breath. Live the life, seize the moment. Breathe. I will continue breathing.

2. Smile – When the going gets tough, Smile. No matter how tough the situation, I will try not to forget how to smile.

3. Kindness – Easier said than done. I pray that I can be kind to ones who are kind to me and also to the ones who are mean to me.

4. Compassion – I guess it is something that nature builds in us but I believe that it can be cultivated through nurture. I hope I never forget to be compassionate.

5. Cry – As we grow stronger, we forget how to cry. I want to always remember how to shed a tear and move on.

6. Love – No matter how useless it may seem, I will never forget to love. Heartbroken, alone I will remember to love and be loved.

7. Apology – One of the toughest things to do is to apologize and accept apologies. I hope I remember to apologize and accept the same where ever the need may be.

32 comments:

  1. First of all, let me tell you that I liked the titles of all seven posts that you intend to put up as part of this festival.

    And Kindness, Compassion and Apology are surprising entries in this particular list. While most people would probably have put up money, comforts, etc in this list, your choice reflects your wonderful, caring, beautiful personality.

    Way to go...awesome first post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start. Simple facts of everyday life, otherwise forgotten in the daily mad rush. Frankly, sometimes we take the breathing too for granted.

    Looking forward to the other posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I agree. not sometimes, most of the times we take breathing (read life) for granted.

      Delete
  3. A very good list. Crying is therapeutic, Look forward to your other posts particularly your travels. Thanks for visiting my post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go with Suzy - that one impressed the most - Cry. Not mentioned ever but a great source of strength and solace though people seem to take it for weakness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya Suresh, we are often told not to cry, where as crying at times is one of the best way to drain negative energy out of your system.

      Delete
  5. Good blog ideas for the fest. And I have never thought Crying is something needed for happy life. But yeah, it's a must to do thing in life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...we need to cry so that we can vent out the negatives...

      Delete
  6. Nice take on the theme. Your first point, breathe, reminded me of a conversation I once had with a relative of mine when I was a child. We were discussing something about Gods when I asked how could these sages live for thousands of years, it's not even possible to which she replied, "Sages did not count their life in years, they counted their life in breaths." What a lovely thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa...I always remember the lines from a movie...to live is to remember to breathe

      Delete
  7. Wow all seven are such important elements of our life. I also feel that every once in a while we should refresh it and perhaps thank god for the elements that make us who we are. Waiting for all your other posts :-)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  8. These truly are seven essential things to continue living
    The last one is specially tough !
    Good to see that u sorted out all ur days :)
    good one sugandha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Afsan, it gets too tough during weekdays to think of topics.

      Delete
  9. Good one Sugandha. Of all the things you mentioned, I may be doing many but one that caught my attention is Breathe. I do that. But just to survive and not to live. Thanks for this. Needed to remind this to myself.
    Good luck girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naina... Breathe my dear thats the gift of god to you:)

      Delete
  10. Superb Seven and we pay heed, life will become so beautiful for all of us:)
    Cheerz
    Vishal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely topics...good luck to you. How do you find the time...30 days 30 books...now this..awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preethi...I don't :( I am really struggling to complete 30 days 30 books.

      Delete
  12. Lovely topics...good luck to you. How do you find the time...30 days 30 books...now this..awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really loved the 5th one Cry, it is one of the struggles I go through Many a times I want to cry but cant... but truly its wonderful to know that crying is not outdated and people still value crying

    ReplyDelete
  14. A thought provoking post. We all have our share of weaknesses and no harm in accepting them.Finally what matters is that we are human beings after all :) All the best Sugandha :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree to each and every point, especially Cry and Apologize. True!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You have it all planned for the 7 days!! So very cool! :)
    We take all these things for granted... if only we'd sit and think about these a bit more, life would be all peaceful and happy for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shilpa it is easier that ways...I have a busy week and I know searching for topic is a task.

      Delete
  17. So true. Nice reading of such wonderful post :-)

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)