Sep 11, 2013

Day 19 - Eat Pray Love (30 days 30 books post)

The 30 days 30 books is back. With nothing big in sight, (no contests, festivals or other blogging and non-blogging priority) I believe that I can finish the remaining 12 days of 30 days 30 books at once.

Well, this won’t be done alone of course. There will be a lot of reviews shared by others. Let’s wait and see who all come up with posts for this.

But for today, I review one of my favorite books – Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.

As soon as we mention the book we think Julia Roberts and various news that flashed around her India tour for the movie. But for me it is much more than that.

For starters, I didn’t like the movie. On the other hand I completely agree with Elle which reviewed the book and said that it’s a word of mouth bestseller.

A book that became women’s secret of life has something for everyone. Whether you seek food, man or god (depending on your age and interest) there is a chapter just for you.

This is an autobiography of Liz Gilbert, post her divorce and her unsuccessful rebound. The book is divided into three parts – Eat Pray and Love, in Rome, India and Bali respectively.

My favorite part in the book is in the very beginning – in a particular moment of desperation, Liz writes a petition to God and mentally request and takes signatures from friends and family whom she know will support. I loved the idea.

The book may sound like a travelogue, a reflection, a love story, or random rant. However, more than once you relate to emotions of the author.

I rated the book as a must read – 4.5 out of 5. What re your views about this bestseller?

6 comments:

  1. I have not read the book, but the movie did not impress me at all. Perhaps, the book will. Thanks for this piece of review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said the same...I didnt like the movie..try the book, it is much better.

      Delete
  2. Read the book, saw the movie; liked the former better! :)

    I felt somehow the depiction of the protagonist's emotions got lost in its adaptation to the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's one of my favourites too...Film makers very rarely seem to be able to translate the magic of a novel into a movie...
    Such a beautiful book...I'm now itching to pick it up again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...it is a book that you would want to re read.

      Delete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)