Sep 9, 2013

Friends and Italy- my happy traveller wishlist

I have always been an elaborate planner. Especially when it comes to travelling, one of my favorite pas-time is to plan holidays. I sit for hours in front of my laptop, searching for fare prices, reading travelogues, contemplating over finances and making a list of dream destinations.

I recently listed seven places I really want to go to. But when for Indiblogger competition "Creating Happy Travellers" by http://www.yatra.com I had to pick one that will be happiest – I’ll pick Italy.

Few years ago, with release of Eat Pray Love, Rome became a famous destination. But if you are as big a Mario Puzo fan as I am, your love for Italy is as much as your own nation.
Couple of friends and I thought of travelling to Italy long ago. Dependent on parents for permission and finances, we could then not complete the journey. Therefore, my dream holiday of visiting Italy with two of my best friends still remains.

If I have to give one word answer to “Why Italy?” I’ll first say – Food. And if you allow me a second, my answer will be “Men” ;).

I apologize if I have managed to make your eyeballs pop but hey! It is a girl’s trip. What else can a woman want than good food and good looking men?

So here is my plan for Italy.

- Take a flight to Rome. (It maybe via Istanbul or Amsterdam for additional pleasure)
- Distribute three lonely planets for three main stops – Rome, Palermo, Milan, and read them cover to cover during the journey.
- Once landed, manage to check in at a hotel that we manage to pre-book. (remember none of us know the language)
- For the next five days we are going to see everything from Florence to Naples (including Rome of course)
Since we are all big fans of Dan Brown’s Angel and Demons, we will probably have that as a guide book too.
- Five days later, after our stomach is full of napoleon pizza and heart full of memories from age old monuments, our next stop will be Milan. (Time to watch guys)
- Milan being the new fashion capital, is going to be the place where we shop. Take a trip down to Venice and remember Shakespeare (we are all book worm types). I would like to take a de-tour to Bologna and see my friend (or maybe call her down)
- She is going to be my guide for the last leg of the trip. All four of us then plan to go to Sicily. Why? Because that’s where it all started.

So it is going to be 10 days long trip, with a roller coaster ride between history, men, food and fashion. I really really wish that this comes true.

11 comments:

  1. I love Italian food, that's all I can say! Well written :)

    Cheers
    Sammya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand, you probably dont have a reason to love italian men. :p
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Planning a trip similar to what you just described :) my first trip with my daughter :)..sigh....too late for the men :'( though...well written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been planning trip to Turkey with mom :)
      good luck.

      Delete
  4. Charming reasons for reaching out to Italy... :)

    Arvind Passey
    www.passey.info

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahan, Italian men? :p

    Well, for the sake of the Indian bachelors out in this country, I pray that you never go for that trip :P

    *just kidding*

    Happy post, and happy luck for the contest ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont worry Ritesh, the trip is exclusively for eyes sake only.

      Delete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)