Sep 13, 2013

Day 21 – We need to talk about Kevin

For the Day 21 of my project 30 days 30 books, I choose to write about an exceptionally gripping book by Lionel Shriver – We need to talk about Kevin.

The debate on nature and nurture is ongoing for several generations. However, little has been concluded on the same.

Bringing that debate alive again, Eva (narrator) talks about story of her almost 18 year old son who is under custody for a school massacre.

Throughout the book Eva is writing letter to her husband describing the relationship they were in to birth of her Kevin’s and Celia, all the way ending at the incident of massacre.

In this gripping book, each page brings a suspense and thrill that stopped me from keeping the book down. The story is fast and travels well over the eighteen years of Kevin's life. It is a book that stays with you for long time after you have read it once.

This was my first book by Lionel Shriver and it made me read two more books by her.

In 2011, the book was adapted into a movie with same title. I am yet to see it. I rate the book a 5 on 5 for being the rarest kind of fiction.

9 comments:

  1. short and a nice review.. now am curious to know what this books can offer me.. will see. thanks for sharing..

    hey.. I am sharing my Liebster moment with you... my wishes..
    http://ratnibbles.blogspot.in/2013/09/my-award-moment.html

    have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. under custody for a school massacre..... sounds interesting.
    Must get hold of the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must...it is a really great book if you like fiction

      Delete
  3. I have read another review which also speaks so highly of this book. Will check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really interesting book. Let me know what you think

      Delete
  4. Is this a work of fiction or based on real life incident?

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)