Oct 10, 2013

Letter unsent - Feelings I never penned

Dear R,

When exactly you came in my life, I don’t remember. All I do remember is how slowly, eventually I started admiring you. Every time I saw you, you were in those same clothes inside that same box.

I started to admire you as I began to understand your work. There were many who admired you back then, and there are many now. People talked about you fondly. They had respect for your job and your excellence at your work.

You did falter at times, but I always believed that it was just not a good day. I captured every glimpse, kept a part of every appearance in my small note book. Your silent face and subtle smile, had captured my heart.

When I grew a bit more independent, I attempted to get into the box to have a closer look. But you were in center of the box and I realized that I could probably not be inside the box.

One morning I read that you were getting married. My heart shrunk. But what could I do, I couldn’t have stopped you, I was a child and you were out of my reach.

My best moment came when I met you. Just for a moment, when you appeared amongst all the lights and camera and shook my hand. An autograph from you made me day (actually week).

Slowly, eventually I understood. Probably that’s about growing up. You reduced your responsibilities, resulting in lesser appearances.

A few days back you were in discussion once again. They said that it was your last appearance. The discussed your clothes, that blue jersey of Indian Cricket team. They call you “The wall” and they cheer for you “Dravid”.

All I want to tell you that we will miss your appearance in that box, the so called “idiot box”. Many of us really had a big time crush on you.


This post is written as a part of Letter unsent at write tribe.


27 comments:

  1. Aah! Sugandha you are in my league :P a passionate cricket fan here and i can understand the feelings perfectly. Had a huge crush on Michael Holding, Imran Khan in the 80s, DILIP VENGSARKAR followed by Courtney Walsh :P Thank you for this heartwarming post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah a cricket fan...and more so a Dravid fan....I used to like him too, for all his patience and resilience and immense hard work done for the team.

    Nice letter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much of a cricket fan, but I like Dravid too.. For the most gentlemanly behaviour he displays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely letter. If only he knew...but that is why these letters are unsent. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy he is a star, and if you read the comments, there are many of us who love him for his performance.

      Delete
  5. So sweet! I liked Rahul too though I had a bigger crush for Imran Khan and Ravi Shastri.... the younger one.... not the current avatar though! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...I liked Ravi Shashtri too...but no one beats Dravid.

      Delete
  6. :) so nice... Write one for sachin if you like him :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. DRAVID fan................ awesom write up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully written, Sugandha.Loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr. Dravid..i hope u read this someday!! cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah even guys fell for him, in a platonic way of course....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a sweet letter it was. I wish Dravid does read it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sugandha, this is so beautiful and what a perfect tribute writing about Rahul Dravid. You kept the suspense, right, and as we read, we thought it's about your love, which he is:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Celebrity crushes - brought a smile to my face as I remembered mine. A different take on the prompt. Nice one.
    Dropping by from the letters prompt.

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)