Mar 20, 2014

Book Review – Hold my Hand by Durjoy Dutta

Contrary to what you might be thinking, this is not part of a book review program by any group. This book was released in 2013, and I had not realized its presence on any bookshelf until this Saturday.

Bored and idle, my restless mind got diverted to my friend’s bookshelf and there, midst of all spiritual and self-learning books rested “Hold my hand by Durjoy Dutta”. I picked it up, turned it around and started reading. Primary reason – I was too tired to read a “heavy” book. Secondary reason – the cover looked cool.

I read three chapters of the book while my friend made tea and then asked her to borrow it. Once back home, I killed my Sunday reading it.

Well! The book. Maybe because the author mentioned the book twice, I strongly feel that the writing is inspired by the famous “The fault in our stars”. Set in Hong Kong, it revolves around a lanky teenager and a beautiful young but blind girl. Just like romantic movies, they meet by accident and a romance blooms until the villain comes in picture.

I found the book quite smooth. I cannot say it’s boring, but it couldn’t grip my attention. Story was quite predictable, maybe because a lot was already said in the blurb. There are few characters without a specific need but they add to the story.


All in all, between a biography and a memoir, the book gave me a good light read to spend my Sunday. I'd rate the book a 2.5 out of 5.
--------------------

Have you found Shades of Life on Facebook yet? Please check it out here

Please take out time to read more about the featured blogger for the month of March "Aditi Kaushiva" here.

Also, check out the post by a non-blogger who penned down her feeling.


Guests are always welcomed at Shades of Life. Drop me a line at sugandha118@gmail.com and I would love to share your thoughts here.

1 comment:

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)