Apr 12, 2014

Review A to Z – Two bowls of Special K

All the ladies out there - have you seen the latest advertisement of Special K by Kellogg’s? You see Deepika Padukone’s slim waistline as she clicks a selfie and your remember your own. Don’t you?


Approaching the Golden thirty or the dreaded thirty (read my friend’s Richa’s posts here to know what I mean), our my metabolism is certainly not as great as it was when we I sported shorts and tees in college.

I went for my cousin’s wedding a few months ago and I kept hearing on how I had put on “little” weight. Now imagine what it would do to my much awaited holidays. This was January. I realized that I needed to do something about this “extra weight”

Desperate moments call for Desperate measures. I decided to “Diet” (now, let me clarify that I am a self-acclaimed foodie) and my version of diet is something like this - If it is salad, I need cheese dressing and if it is soup I need cream in it. Fries, junk food, eating out, cheese and chocolates form my daily diet. To shift from these to something else without compromising on my taste buds was a challenge.

There I was, exasperated and distressed when I bought a pack of special K. “Two bowls, two weeks and up to two inches lesser” “Hell yeah! Let us try” I told myself.


My first bowl I noticed, that it wasn’t all that bad to taste. I mean, one-it is sweet. Therefore, even without adding sugar or consuming it in Cold milk wasn’t bad. For breakfast, I am usually inspired to eat something Healthy but for dinner (where the major challenge lies) it pretty much substitutes main course like an extended dessert.

Few days of eating and I was bored and finished with the small pack. Again, despite the lack of motivation to eat more, I went to the store and kept looking at the box contemplating. The store keeper came to my rescue and offered me flavored K and with it came a free advice “eat it with fruits or nuts or add some muesli”

Well! This worked. There started my routine of eating a bowl of cornflakes and mix it with something or other for flavor. It is no longer a “diet”, it is alternate diet, and I look forward to it.

My waistline, well that’s not to be discussed, I haven’t kept off sweets and savories for a single day.


I think Special K is not for me because I can’t control the food I eat, but I guess that it is without doubt a tasty supplement if you plan to “diet”.

11 comments:

  1. Haha well I've tried the special K diet too, however the minute you revert to eating normally you will gain it back. The best way to shed off the kilos is exercise and a healthy diet. No starvation or cutting down meal portions. Simply cut ofd the junk.it does wonders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is it so? I am actually just replacing it the "junk" intake.

      Delete
  2. We're always looking for new ways...thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry. Not a cereal fan. I'm rather odd about this thing called break fast. I eat salads. Can't stand sweet things, especially in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Special K with Red Berries variety. It's not bad! Though I do much better when I have something like yogurt for breakfast instead - the protein keeps me going until lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't think I ever tried Special K -- I am surprised that you said it was sweet

    Carol @ Battered Hope

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think its time for me to try the special K :)
    Nice post !

    ReplyDelete

You surely want to leave a comment. Don't you? Go ahead! please :)