Theme for Day 2 of Write Tribe Festival of words is “Food”. I haven’t really written a lot about food yet. I am a foodie and how long can I not write about food. Here are my seven favorite food items.
1. Desserts – I have a big sweet tooth. As a result, I also have a few teeth missing. :p Seriously, people around me often joke that my main course is desserts. Be it chocolates, cakes, Indian sweets or candies, I am always up for it.
2. Chinese – I love Chinese food. Especially the Indian version of Chinese food. The Manchurians and fried rice that come from local dhaba taste awesome. I love noodles – what we called as chowmien for a long time.
3. Parantha – I love paranthas. The thick red stuffed paranthas that come with loads of butter and curd are the best thing for breakfast.
4. Fruits – I can eat fruit on any given day. I can survive on fresh fruits. I get happy when I go to marriages and parties and find a spread of exotic fruits.
5. Chaat – Golgappa, papdi, bhalla, sev, bhel, etc. just the name make me drool. I look at street vendors and forget that my stomach has limited size.
6. Thai curry – A veg thai curry is something that I can eat for any meal. A tasty veg thai curry can make up my mood.
7. Ghar ka khana – Although there is a list above, there is nothing that beats homemade food and some old recipes by my mom.
Linking it to NaBloPoMo -